These competitively priced Smart Cut™ precision diamond wafering blades are designed to provide superior smooth surface quality, low-distortion sectioning and enhanced blade life. The man-made diamond crystals in the Smart Cut diamond sectioning blades / wafering blades are oriented in such a way that diamonds are only activated at the exposed layer. As the exposed layer begins to wear out, diamonds in a new layer are activated, keeping up the cutting rate.
- Faster cutting action – leaves a smooth finish
- Less glazing – requires minimal dressing
- More universal – compatible with a greater variety of materials
All Smart Cut diamond blades have a metal-bonded diamond height of 4mm and are available in 3, 4, 5 & 6" diameter with the industry-standard 1/2" or 5/8" holes. Three grades are offered to fit most applications:
- Medium/fine grit – low concentration for hard and tough materials, hard coating, hard ceramics and concrete
- Medium/coarse grit - high concentration for composite materials, PCB, soft metals and bone
- Fine grit – high concentration for glass fibre and carbon composites, soft ceramics and optical materials